February 26, 2010

If You're Reading This

Hello World! If you are reading this you are either, a) an other worldly awesome Bumpie who already knew about my blog, or b) a friend who saw my announcement on Facebook. So, hi friends old and new here! Welcome to my blog.

I have been keeping track, since August 2009, of TJ and my journey to parenthood. If you should choose to go back that far and read I will warn you that some parts of our journey are sad, but we are now on the road to our happy ending. I will also warn you, I created this blog while on a message board with other women who were TTC (which means Trying to Conceive for those who, unlike me, don’t spend hours online researching having a kid). There will be TMI, and if you feel squeamish about reading it then I apologize. ;) But hey, it’s my blog and I’ll over share if I want to!

So, a quick rundown of what you’ve missed thus far. Not a whole lot. I took a HPT (home pregnancy test) on January 23rd after getting home from work. I took a digital test as I don’t like to mess around with the whole, “Is it a line? Is it not a line?” bit. I was shaking with nerves when the word “Pregnant” popped up. I left the test on the bathroom counter for TJ to see when he got home. We had our first appointment, and first ultrasound, on February 19th. After that we told our parents, and started spreading the word. Which brings us to now. I feel great. I have, knock on wood, not been sick at all. Some days I feel a little off, but most of the time I feel great. I am super tired, and fall asleep most nights at 7 on the couch. I am pretty moody, though I wouldn’t say I’m more emotional, just more bitchy. And road rage? I has it.

There you have it. Should you choose to stick around and read through my journey, welcome aboard. If you were just checking out what I had to say, then thanks for coming! I hope to bring you some sort of entertainment over the next 31 or so weeks!

1 comment:

Fabulous Fontenot said...

Yay for telling friends! So happy for you!