February 1, 2010

5 Weeks

This week from The Bump we have an appleseed:

Your embryo, which doesn't look like much more than a tadpole right now, is actually starting to form major organs (heart, kidney, liver, stomach) and systems (nervous, circulatory, digestive). Baby's presence in your uterus triggers production of HCG (the hormone detected by pregnancy tests), which triggers the production of other hormones like estrogen and progesterone, which triggers all those great symptoms you've probably been noticing!


On Saturday I went to a paint your own pottery shop in Marysville to paint "I Love Grandma/pa" mugs for our parents. I pick them up in a week after they have been fired in the kiln, and I can't wait to see how they turn out! Picture to come once I have them in my grubby little hands.

I also can't wait to tell our parents. Things have been going so well that we are debating telling after our first appointment if we get to see/hear the heartbeat. If we don't at our first appointment then we'll probably wait until our second appointment. We are finding it harder as each day goes by to keep it in.

TJ and I learned on Friday night that his good friend Joe, who he has been friends with since 2nd grade, and his wife Candis are also having a baby around the same time! I am very excited to have someone to share this journey with. :)

I'm a day late posting the pictures, please excuse the nasty-Sunday hairdo I have going on in them. ;) Also, it looks like someone should have ran a few more miles before getting knocked up, eh?? LOL, oh well!





No comments: