February 19, 2010

D Day

So today is D Day, Doctor Day that is. I had my first appointment, and it went very, very well. As you can see to the right. ;) That's my baby. Ah! Myyyyy baby! So unreal, but so much more real and tangible now that we know that things look good.

I was nervous this morning going into my appointment. Starting Wednesday I had very light, light, almost nonexistent spotting. With my history though any spotting in my mind is bad. So what did crazy, hormonal, pregnant Jen do? I cried on the couch Wednesday night. Like a big fat baby.

I told my doctor today that I've had some minor spotting, so she decided to do an mini-ultrasound at my appointment. TJ and I sat in the exam room while they went and got the little ultrasound machine. I became super nervous. The longer we waited in there, the more nervous I felt. She finally wheeled the thing into the room and got friendly with the wand. I cringed when I saw the look on her face. I just knew it was going to be bad news. Until she called TJ over from where he was sitting to look at the tiny screen.

She turned the screen so we could both see it, and there was our baby. It's tiny little heart flickering away. She measured Herme, and said she thinks I'm about 7 weeks or so. I'm sticking with my original date of 10/3 though, because I'm stubborn like that. And because how reliable is the measurement of that portable mini-ultrasound thing anyway? I mean, really! ;)

I cried, because I am a crier anyway. I think TJ's eyes welled up with tears. He isn't a very emotional guy, so the welling up was exactly what I expected. She printed out a little picture of Herme and the measurements for us and we were off, sort of. I went to the lab first and gave 6 vials of blood. Ick.

After we went out for tacos, because I was starving, we headed over to my parents house to tell them the good news. My dad was at work, so it was just my mom. When we walked in with a bag my mom asked if we brought her leftovers. I told her that we brought her dessert and pulled out her mug, still wrapped up. She unwrapped it and then cried. And then called everyone. So, the cat is out of the bag and it feels good.

Here are the pictures of the mugs that I painted a while ago for the grandparents. We are going to give TJ's mom hers this weekend. TJ took a picture of the ultrasound picture on his phone and text it to her, she called him very excited. It was a great day.

My mom's cup.

The bottom of my mom's cup.

My dad's cup.

TJ's mom's cup.

2 comments:

Misha said...

Love those mugs! I am so happy for you! :)

Fabulous Fontenot said...

YAY for a good appointment!! The mugs are so cute! I love blogstalking your journey!