February 14, 2010

7 Weeks

This week from The Bump we have a blueberry:

Baby's brain -- both hemispheres! -- is growing fast, generating about one hundred new cells every minute. Arms and legs are emerging as joints start to form, and a permanent set of kidneys (baby's third!) is now in place.

Seven weeks! Wow! It's hard to believe that we've known for three weeks already that I'm pregnant. I know in the grand scheme of 40 weeks that three weeks is nothing, but, it has still flown by.

This last week was my "goal" week. Friday I was 33 days past ovulation, which is the same point I was at when my miscarriage happened in September. It is an immense relief to me to be past that point. My new small goal is to make it to our first appointment this Friday.

I feel great most of the time still. My boobs are growing and hurt like hell still. I only started to feel a little sick-ish on Friday. I'm having some minor food aversions, sausage really makes me queasy. TJ made a sausage and bell peppers dish the other night, and just talking about it now is making me feel green. I made myself a bowl of Cheerios yesterday morning and ended up drinking the milk out of the bowl and leaving most of the Cheerios. It's strange things that make me feel a little queasy, but thank goodness I haven't been sick.

I am finding that it's harder and harder not to tell people. I hung out with my mom yesterday after work and I had to bite my tongue many times. It will be a relief to have a successful appointment on Friday and tell the world about Herme. :)

231 days to go!







7 Weeks 0 Days


No comments: