December 22, 2009

A Christmas Miracle

I had plan to write a blog of a very, very different color today. I was very close to AF and feeling emotional about my TTC process. One of the comments I keep receiving has recently gotten to me, and my plan was to write about that comment ("It will happen when the time is right." I may actually have to dedicate a blog post to that comment eventually, but in a shortened version: it hurts to hear and isn't helpful). Sometimes life throws you a curve though.

I woke up yesterday morning at 12 DPO and there is still no AF in sight. As someone who barely makes it to 10 DPO, making it to 12 (without spotting no less) is nearly unheard of. So I did what any sane person would do and peed on a stick. Then I waited. And waited. Annnnnd waited! What finally appeared?? The faintest, of faint-faint-FAINT lines.


Yes, it is true, I am pregnant again. :) I re-tested yesterday afternoon at work with a +/- test and received faint + sign. Same results after I got home from work (to show TJ). I tested with a digital this morning and it came back “Pregnant”!!! I am over the moon happy right now, and I have a much, much better feeling about this pregnancy. Merry freaking Christmas to me!! This is the best Christmas present I could have ever asked for.

I did start spotting yesterday, though it is different than the spotting which occurred with my M/C. I’m waiting to contact my doctor about it (1st appointment is currently set for January 18th). If the spotting continues, or gets worse I’ll check in to see about getting in sooner. I read a post today on a local board I post on about getting progesterone to help with the spotting and prevent another M/C. I’m considering calling next week if the spotting doesn’t stop to check on that.

I have all bets on “go” this time around and know that come late August/early September I’ll be holding a brand new squirmy baby. If you have room to spare on your prayer list throw in a prayer for me and this baby would you? Thank you, and Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

The Story of Us said...

Hi Jen! My prayers of a sticky baby are sent your way. I really think this is YOUR time and your Christmas miracle has arrived!! Congrats to you!!! Brianne

bree said...

Hiya...I really wanted to tell you to call and ask about the progesterone. My friend had a m/c around 6 weeks and when she got pg again her doctor put her on it. She also had spotting and it caused her great concern. She's now at 16 weeks. I'm sending you lots of sticky baby dust and thoughts and prayers!