June 5, 2010

23 Week Update

I figured that I was due for an update, and to deliver some more pictures of my ever growing belly. I have finally entered the "definitely pregnant" stage, and have been starting to get comments from strangers about when I'm due, or what we're having. I even had my first stranger belly rub today, and even though I thought I'd hate it I was so tickled that the lady knew I was pregnant and not just a little chubby.

Things have been going swimmingly on the pregnancy front. I have some back pain from time to time, most of the time it's minor and if it gets really bad it usually goes away when she moves. And boy does she move. I am growing a future soccer star, acrobat or the next karate kid I tell you. She is quite the little wiggle worm. I keep telling TJ she is nocturnal though, as I've been woken up in the middle of the night quite a few times with a good swift kick in the bladder.

I first started feeling movement at about 18 weeks. It was pretty infrequent, and it sort of felt like I was driving down a steep hill very, very fast. Now I feel it every day, all the time, and it feels like someone is kicking me from the inside. TJ and I were sitting on the couch Thursday night and I saw a kick from the outside for the first time. I felt a pretty hard kick so I looked down and a few second later my belly moved just a little bit when she kicked again. So stinking cool. Of course, when I told TJ to look she stopped moving. Which is pretty much what happens every time. I'm certain I can feel the kicks on the outside now, but by the time I put his hand on my belly she stops moving. I have a feeling she is going to be stuborn, lol.

I really can't believe I'm already 5 months along, the time has flown by and I feel like it's never going to slow down. We went out to dinner with TJ's brother last weekend and he asked how much longer I had to go. When I told him 18 weeks (and it's 17 weeks now, eekk!!) TJ looked at me with deer in the headlight eyes and said, "Thats it???? We have so much to do!" Haha, yes dear. Yes we do.

We go on our hospital tour on Tuesday and I'm pretty excited about that. They wanted us to take the tour before we go through all of the birthing/newborn classes at the hospital so we know where the classrooms are, so it's a little earlier than I assumed we'd take the tour. We start classes at the end of July, but their July tour fell on our anniversary and that isn't exactly how I imagined spending our anniversary. I'm having a hard time believing that the first week of June has already come and gone. Where has this year gone?

So, all in all things are great. Here are a few pictures I just snapped of myself.

Today, at 23 weeks. Getting bigger. :)
Front shot.

Momma View. . . well, sorta, I held the camera out a bit - it doesn't look that huge from where I see, lol.

No comments: