April 2, 2010

Introducing. . .Herme!

It is amazing how a baby can grow so quickly. Just a few short weeks ago Herme was just a blob on the screen. It's hard to believe that was only 6 weeks ago! Today though, Herme is looking like a real little person (hold your horses, picture to follow my ramblings).

Today was my day off of work, so I decided to drive over to Bremerton and see my Grandma and one of my aunts for a little while. My Aunt Donna is an ultrasound technician, she did the ultrasounds on my mom when my mom was pregnant with me (and Alicia). A while ago she told me that any time I wanted to come over during the week she would do an ultrasound for me and we'd video tape it. Who says no to an offer like that? Not this girl!

So, like I was saying, today I spent the morning and afternoon in Bremerton. My mom, Grandma and I all went to Aunt Donna's work, she whipped out her wand and did her magic. I was amazed at two things, one: Herme looks like a baby and not a blob anymore! Two: S/he is a mover and a shaker! S/he looked like a little frog kicking his/her legs around and rolling around. It was amazing. No, amazing doesn't even begin to describe how it felt.

While my mom and I were sitting in the car waiting to get on the ferry home she and I were talking about how I feel so relieved. Not that I'm complaining, but I've had almost no symptoms. I felt like I was going to go into the hospital in October and they'd tell me I wasn't really pregnant. I also worried that maybe there was something wrong. Today all of those fears have been lifted. Herme is measuring ahead at about 14 weeks 2 days, which would put my due date September 29th. I'm still sticking with October 3rd for consistency, lol, and because I'm stubborn. Herme's heartbeat was still a steady 162bpm. We saw the heart and the bladder (full, Aunt Donna said that means the kidneys are working, which is very good).

So now, we get to the good stuff. Aunt Donna printed out four different pictures for us. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! I can't wait to go over and see her again for more! :)





1 comment:

Jara said...

Cute baby:) Can't wait to meet baby McGowan!