March 18, 2010

Letters to Herme - Vol. 2

3/18/2010
Baby Herme,

Today is a big day. Today there are only 199 days left until, in theory, you are supposed to arrive. I have passed the 200 mark in the long wait to meeting you. Like I said though, this is all in theory. I suppose you will more than likely arrive fashionably late, just like your mama who cannot get where she needs to be on time. Ever. This morning while I was rushing to work I said to you in the car, “Herme, you need to be better about being on time to things!”. Take a page out of your dad’s book, getting places early is the way to go. Unless you’d rather show up like a tornado because you are rushing due to lack of time.

You are starting to become more and more real to me. I got to hear your heartbeat for the first time on Monday, and let me tell you little baby, I cried. Like a baby. At the doctor’s office. Awkward! Your dad had to work so he missed it, but I can’t wait for him to hear you as well. Your little heart was beating away at about 160 beats per minute, which is pretty darn fast.

I want to thank you, though it has more to do with hormones, but thank you for not making me sick. I have been feeling healthy and happy this whole time. I admit that I’m a bit more sleepy than usual – and I’ll also admit my “usual” is actually a lot more than most people’s “usual”, but I love to sleep! Most days I don’t feel pregnant at all. Now if you could work on not giving mommy stretch marks I’ll buy you a pony or something really awesome some day.

I just wanted to say that we are still so excited to meet you. We can’t wait to find out of you are a girl or a boy. I can’t wait to feel you kicking away from the inside, and your dad can’t wait until you can kick him on the outside. What a surreal experience that is going to be. Until next time, keep on growing little one. We love you!

Love,

Your Mom

3 comments:

The Story of Us said...

This totally made me tear up Jen! I am so happy for you!!! I know you didn't ask for it (yet), but I think you are having a boy....just a feeling I've got....

Jess said...

Use Palmer's cocoa butter lotion! Bri recommended it to me because she used it and didn't get any stretch marks... I used it every morning and night, and sometimes an extra time or two if I was feeling itchy and I didn't get a single stretch msrk! It might cost you a pony now though :)

Unknown said...

To: Baby McG.
From: Grandpa Clyde.
We all can't wait for you to show up. You will be surprised at how fun and great your entire family is. Your mama and Dad are really good people, and so are your aunt and uncle.
With happy tears in my own eye's...We love you with all our hearts.

To: Jen & T.J.
You too are wonderful, and I wish you the very best. I love the writing and share it often.
Keep up the baby making work and rest lots (oh like that's a stretch).
Love you...Dad