May 12, 2010

An (Almost) 20 Week Update

I wanted to post a quick update. I feel like my belly just “popped” the other day and I’m looking more pregnant now. I came home from work last night and TJ told me the shirt I was wearing made me look really pregnant. I had been thinking the same thing all day. After we went shopping for dinner I came home and put on a tank top, at which point TJ said, “It wasn’t the shirt, you just look pregnant!!”. And I had to agree with him. It was as if overnight my little baby pooch became a not-so-little baby pooch.

Please see exhibit A, taken this morning before work. A self portrait of me and the girl:


TJ and I are going to a nice dinner tonight that benefits Housing Hope, so I wore one of my maternity dresses today. The way it’s cut makes me look more pregnant than I am, but then I held my belly in the picture and realized, holy crap, I really look that pregnant!!

I spent Mother’s Day with my awesome momma and sister, and we went a little wild. This little girl? She is going to have a kick ass wardrobe thanks to a few people who have shopping problems. We went to the mall and each spent a decent amount time and cash at The Pumpkin Patch (I love, love, love that place!!). When I got home I started to pull each item out of the bag to show TJ. I noticed he was losing interested so I pulled the remaining clothes out of the bag and his eyes went wide and he asked, “Have I already seen these?!?!?!” Hahaha, uhm, no! A girl needs cute clothes!

Before I go I have to brag on my husband really quick. Those of you who know him probably know he’s a pretty quiet, unemotional, even keeled kind of guy. He loves me a whole hell of a lot, but he isn’t the “romantic” type. It always throws me for a loop when he does something sentimental. I woke up on Mother’s Day morning and he bought me the BEST card. But it wasn’t the card that made me cry, it was what he wrote in the card, “I can’t wait to meet our beautiful daughter.” As I read it I lost it. He is going to be the best dad, and I can’t wait for both of us to meet her!

1 comment:

Jara Pakinas said...

Awww....you're super cute!